Commercial Property Legal Secretary, £20,000 - £27,000, Godalming, Surrey
Our client is a leading law firm who have three offices in Surrey, and due to an increased demand, an office in Central London. They currently have over 100 members of staff, which includes 15 Partners and 37 Solicitors. Their goal is to be recognised as a distinguished and highly trusted legal services firm, respected for the exceptional quality of their work and the calibre of their people. Their work for individuals includes market-leading services in wills and probate and in family/divorce. They are now looking for a Legal Secretary to join their Commercial Property team in the newly refurbished offices in Godalming. This role would suit someone with previous Commercial Property experience, but the firm are also looking for applications from recent Law Graduates.
What is the role
As a key member of this team, your role is to provide direct secretarial support to mainly one fee earners in the department, but you will also be required to support an additional fee earner as and when required.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person, if the designated person is not available to undertake the task
- Accurate, efficient diary management
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information
What you will need?
- Legal Secretary with experience in Commercial Property matters is desirable but not essential
- Recent Law Graduate
- Fast and accurate typing speed, copy and audio
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- Flexibility and strong communication skills are essential
- Professional and hard-working
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other legal secretary jobs in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 or 07887523228.