Conveyancing Legal Secretary
£22,000 - £26,000
Our client is a regional law firm who are one of the longest established law firms in Kent and one of the largest law firms in Sevenoaks, who have been providing first class legal advice since 1730 and are situated in one of the most distinguished buildings in Sevenoaks. Their philosophy is to offer city quality advice, delivered in plain English, without the associated city cost. They enjoy an outstanding reputation in the local business and professional community and have significantly grown over the years. The firm is now looking to boost its Residential Conveyancing department with an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary.
What is the role
As a key member of this small but ambitious team, your role is to provide direct support to one Fee Earner, whilst also assisting the department as a whole. The team currently consists of the Partner, Senior Solicitor, Associate Legal Executive, Solicitor as well as other members of the support staff team.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing, in conjunction with the case management system
- Carry out daily functions such as filing, opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for their Fee Earner and ensure all meetings are booked into a conference room via the reception diary
- To provide refreshments when asked to do so
- Provide support to other Fee Earners/Secretaries as required
- Provide cover for Reception as required
- Ensure Fee Earners time sheets are up to date
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients documentation and information
- To attend to clients both in person and on the telephone
What you will need?
- Previous Legal Secretary experience in Residential Conveyancing
- Trained in secretarial practice
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work using your own initiative using a high degree of self-management
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 (office hours) or 07887523228 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.