NQ Corporate Finance Solicitor
£35,000 - £45,000
This client was recently awarded an accolade via The Lawyer Award 2018. What does this mean for its staff? The accolade was the firm’s determination to differentiate themselves in delivering legal solutions in a different way. Be part of a new ethos and an emerging name.
This team covers Mergers and Acquisitions, MBOs and MBIs, business finance, corporate structuring and joint ventures. With 30 transactions a year, with values ranging from £1m to £120m. The team consists to 2 Partners, 3 Associates, Solicitor, Trainee Solicitor and 2 Paralegals.
Our access to market is through directly approaching key target clients, developing trusted advisor status with our clients and by reciprocating work introductions with a number of key referrers. Our focus on developing relationships within the banking sector also pays dividends, and we act for both banks and clients on lending and refinance matters. In the last few years we have done a number of deals where we have acted for private equity houses.
What is the role about?
- The main function of this role will be to provide general assistance and support to the Corporate Finance team on a range of transactions to include general mergers and acquisitions:
- Acting for a wide range of clients such as companies, banks and other financial institutions as well as for private individuals
- Managing datarooms, assisting clients with due diligence and reviewing and writing disclosure letters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documentation including main documents on smaller matters such as shareholders’ agreements, articles and sale and purchase agreements and all ancillary documents e.g. board minutes and ancillary forms
- Providing assistance on completions and managing completion documents and companies house filings
- Attending client meetings and completion meetings demonstrating flexibility on working hours when required
What you will need?
- Ideally, at least 6 months post qualification experience of corporate finance work
- Client focus; the ability to build and sustain relationships
- Commercial awareness, offering technical excellence with a practical approach
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team not only in Corporate Finance but with internal teams across the business
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage a varied workload with the support of comprehensive accounting tools
- A good eye for detail, presentation and overall high work standards
- Solid IT skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and case management systems
- The ability to be a strong team player
- A clean driving licence / be a car owner to provide support to both the Crawley and Maidstone teams as required
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.