Court of Protection (Health and Welfare) Solicitor
4 years PQE+
Up to £60k plus bonus and benefits - DOE
Our client has a strong offering in Public Law based in the heart of London Bridge.
Recommended for their work in the Court of Protection in Chambers and Partners and in The Legal 500 (Civil Liberties and Human Rights). They continue to work closely with the Official Solicitor, building on longstanding mental health expertise. The firm is now looking to add to its team of 4 lawyers with a new ambitious solicitor.
What is the Role?
- Instructed by both professional litigation friends such as the Official Solicitor and advocacy groups and family members, who are appointed to act as litigation friends.
- Advising and representing family members in Court of Protection proceedings.
- Initiating proceedings in the Court of Protection on behalf of an incapacitated adult where instructions are received from a relevant person’s representative and on behalf of family members.
- Instructed to prepare and advise on lasting powers of attorney, including both health and welfare and property and financial affairs, and deputyship applications for property and financial affairs.
- Instructed in cases where there is an interplay between care proceedings and Court of Protection proceedings given my expertise in both areas.
- Experience in matters where there is a crossover between mental health issues or those under a disability and family matters, particularly with regard to forced marriage proceedings and contact issues. Assisting with s.21A deprivation of liberty Mental Capacity Act 2005 proceedings, instructed by the Official Solicitor, as well as complex cases to determine the client’s capacity to make decisions regarding matters such as consent to sexual relations, marriage and contact with particular individuals.
Who are you?
- 4 year PQE Court of Protection/Mental Health Solicitor
- Ability to represent clients at court hearings with good advocacy skills
- Looking to make a mark in this area of law
- Experience in Court of Protection matters as well as Mental Health and Childcare
The firm is offering an above market rate salary plus a targeted bonus based in twice your salary.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE