Credit Solutions Litigation Solicitor, 0-1 year PQE, up to £35k plus benefits and bonus, Bromley, Kent
Multi sited commercial high street based in Bromley, South East London, who are Tier 1 ( Legal 500) within the Recoveries Department. Well known for its professionalism and support for its staff in all aspects including progression and continued learning. The firm is now looking to add to its coveted Litigation Team with a 0-1 year PQE Litigation Solicitor.
The CS Litigation department assist public sector and commercial clients with the recovery of debt. As part of that wider service they have clients as creditors who face difficulty recovery monies from the estates of debtors. They have developed a service to assist them with this challenging area, to include investigating estates and where necessary applying for uncontested grants on behalf of those creditor clients.
Notwithstanding the fact that the position is imbedded within a litigation team the successful candidate will spend large parts of their time dealing with uncontested matters, from investigating a debtors affairs, engaging with next of kin, to extracting limited grants of administration and dealing with the realisation of assets and payment of liabilities.
Who you are?
Solicitor, 0-1 year PQE with a passion for litigation coupled with knowledge of administration of estates. You will have:
- To act on behalf of Local Authority and Commercial creditor clients who seek recovery of debts owed by a deceased customer.
- Take steps to investigate the assets in an estate
- Negotiate settlements
- Where necessary seek grants of administration on the creditors behalf and administer the estate so that the debt owed is paid.
- Deal with complex litigation cases where next of kin have intermeddled with estates
- Experience in deal with the administration of estates
- Experience in Adult Social Care – Not necessarily recovering those debts but a familiarity with the charging systems, nature of services included and operation of local authority assessments (Desirable)
- Up to date knowledge of Wills and Probate and the administration of estates
The benefits offered by the firm include, Holiday: 25 days per year plus bank holidays, Private Medical Insurance (after successful probation),Interest free season ticket loan (after successful probation) and profit share scheme.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE