Family Paralegal, £18,000 - £20,000 per annum, Croydon, Greater London
Our client is a multi-sited law firm, with offices in Croydon, Medway, Blackheath and Guildford. Their lawyers deliver a first-class service across all of their departments, with the emphasis on obtaining the most favourable outcome possible for their clients. The firm is now looking to boosts its well-known family department with a Paralegal in the Croydon office.
What is the role
As a key member of this team, your role is to focus on childcare matters, providing support to a couple of Fee Earners in the department. The team currently consists of 21 members of staff, that includes Solicitors, Paralegals and Administrators.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Take new client instructions
- Applying for public funding
- To attend the Family Justice Centre and Public Law Outline meetings
- To progress injunctive relief matters to their conclusion, to include carrying out advocacy duties in respect of non-defended hearings
- Attending court with counsel
- Taking instructions from clients in care cases
- Booking experts
- Drafting applications to court, including C2 and Part 25 applications
- Preparing court bundles
- Time recording
- Preparing and submitting claims for costs, including on-line claims
- Preparing events based High Cost Case Plans
What you will need?
- Previous Paralegal/Legal Assistant experience in Family law
- Experience using a case management system
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other paralegal jobs in the market then contact Matthew Heard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 or 07887523228.