Finance Operations Manager, £50-55K, Tunbridge Wells
Our client, a strong, commercial law firm in Kent and London are looking for a Finance Operations Manager to support the Head of Finance with the operational running of the finance team of 20 and to support her with the implementation of the financial strategy and delivery of finance-related projects.
As a firm they are Chambers ranked first for a number of areas across the Kent and Southern regions as well as national recognition for real estate litigation, healthcare and private client.
This is a new role due to growth in the team, you will directly line manage the Revenue Management Team Lead, the Cashier Manager and three Credit Controllers.
The people management element of this role is key due to the different dynamics within the team.
- Reviewing and implementing changes, as and when required, to ensure operational finance procedures are commercially focused, meet changing business needs and regulatory requirements effectively and efficiently
- Adapting the operational finance teams and processes to IT system changes
- Overseeing the operational finance teams, including recruitment, management and development of staff, according to reporting lines
- Driving initiatives to reduce lock up and instil discipline across the business
- Maintaining robust WIP management and credit control processes, gaining buy in from the Partners
- Administration of the WIP valuation process and reserving for doubtful debts
- Ensuring financial/operating procedures comply with the SRA Accounts Rules, Money Laundering Regulations and other relevant legislation
- Driving initiatives to enhance compliance controls and address areas of non-compliance with SRA Accounts Rules and internal finance procedures
What they are looking for
- Experienced people manager within a legal professional services environment, working at a senior level
- Due to the nature of the work, legal sector experience would be highly preferred, however, they will consider candidates from a professional services background who can demonstrate strong people management experience
- Experience of setting up robust processes like regular 1-1’s, goal setting, expectation management
- Dealing with senior stakeholders on business matters and knowing when to push back is of most importance
- A skilled negotiator and proactive problem solver, able to demonstrate initiative and highest level of client care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident dealing with people at all levels of seniority throughout the organisation
- Methodical and organised
- Ability to jiggle priorities
- Willingness to go “the extra mile”
What they can offer
- Generous salary along with a great chance to develop your career in a friendly, supportive and encouraging environment.
- Salary reviewed annually in May
· 25 days holiday with a buy or sell option of up to 5 days, holiday can also be carried over
· 4x salary in life assurance
· Private medical care
· Income protection after 1-year service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
If you are interested in this role, our client is looking to move quickly, so please send across your CV to Alison Banks via email at Alison@LRlegal.co.uk or if you’d like more information about this opportunity or others we have, call Alison for a chat on 0208 464 2506 or 07979 952 201