Finance Operations Manager
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
£45-50K + great company benefits
Are you an experienced Finance Manager within a legal professional services environment looking for a new challenge in Kent?
A large multi-sited law firm are currently looking to recruit a Finance Operations Manager at their impressive Tunbridge Wells office. This is a newly created position where you will be responsible for the legal cashier, revenue management and credit control teams. You will manage the operational finance teams ensuring effective communication between your teams and the wider business.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
* Reviewing and implementing changes, as and when required, to ensure operational finance procedures are commercially focused, meet changing business needs and regulatory requirements effectively and efficiently
* Adapting the operational finance teams and processes to IT system changes
* Overseeing the operational finance teams, including recruitment, management and development of staff, according to reporting lines
* Driving initiatives to reduce lock up and instil discipline across the business
* Maintaining robust WIP management and credit control processes, gaining buy in from the Partners
* Administration of the WIP valuation process and reserving for doubtful debts
* Ensuring financial/operating procedures comply with the SRA Accounts Rules, Money Laundering Regulations and other relevant legislation
* Driving initiatives to enhance compliance controls and address areas of non-compliance with SRA Accounts Rules and internal finance procedures
What can they offer?
- Generous salary along with a great chance to develop your career in a friendly, supportive and encouraging environment.
· 25 days holiday with a buy or sell option of up to 5 days, holiday can also be carried over
· 4x salary in life assurance
· Private medical care
· Income protection after 1-year service
- Employer contributory pension scheme
What are they looking for?
- Experienced people manager within a legal professional services environment, working at a senior level
- A skilled negotiator and proactive problem solver, able to demonstrate initiative and highest level of client care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident dealing with with people at all levels of seniority throughout the organisation
- Methodical and organised
- Ability to jiggle priorities
- Willingness to go “the extra mile”
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Alison Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 020 8464 2506 (office hours) or 0797 9952201 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.