Management Accountant £40-45K, Maidstone, Kent
A long standing, award winning, leading law firm based in Kent, with a London office are currently looking for a Management Accountant to join their busy finance team of 6. A Legal 500 and Chambers ranked Law firm which has accrued numerous awards for the expert legal advice and support they provide for their clients.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role will involve preparing monthly and all ad-hoc management accounting and performance reporting requirements ensuring they are compliant with the Solicitor Accounts Rules (SAR) as well as the Firm procedures. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Cashiering and Accounts payable aspects of the Finance Team.
- The production of monthly management accounts including P&L reports, all accounting work re accruals, prepayments, capital expenditure and fee earner performance reports as part of the monthly reporting process
- To assist team leaders, partners, fee earners and secretaries with day to day queries and information requests regarding financial aspects of their practice areas and client work
- To support the Head of Finance with the preparation for annual financial and SRA Accounts compliance audits
- Manage the cashier’s section to ensure SAR compliance and to assist with the management of client monies and day to day transactions
- To work with the Head of Finance in the continued development of the team n terms of process and efficiencies and to guide and support direct reports to develop and grow in their respective roles and wider team
What they are looking for
- Experience of working at a similar level in a finance team within a Legal Practice
- Prove experience of producing management accounts and working towards or having already obtained an accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Excellent communicator
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Team player who is prepared to manage others, but also be hands on when necessary
What they can offer
- Opportunity to join an innovative, robust management practice who have a commitment to excellence
- A friendly and welcoming environment
- Fully inclusive company benefits
- Wellbeing benefits
- Competitive rewards package
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market, then contact Alison Banks at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 0208 464 2505(office hours) or 07979952201(out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.