Group Legal Counsel
3 - 5 years PQE
£55K - £60K plus benefits
The Group Legal Counsel will work closely with the Group Legal Affairs Manager and with Senior Management and staff at all levels of the business, while also being comfortable working autonomously and with limited administrative support.
The role will assist the Group Legal Affairs Manager, and increasingly take a lead role in respect of legal and risk management advice relating to the Group businesses, as well as managing external advice from specialist advisors.
What is the Role:
The role will suit a hands-on commercially minded lawyer with broad experience who is happy to deal with any legal issues or requirements of the business and is comfortable working autonomously.
It is expected that the role would suit someone with 4 to 8 years’ PQE
- Commercial contract negotiation. Bespoke agreements including venue hire, sponsorship, joint ventures, asset sale and purchase.
- Preparation and maintenance of standard terms of business and related documentations, B2B and B2C.
IP and media
- Management of group IP portfolio and proactive protection of group IP rights.
- IP licensing.
- Advising in relation to the group’s media and advertising activities.
- Managing group litigation from debt collection to larger commercial disputes.
- Claims relating to the defence or protection of group IP rights.
- Working with insurers defending claims against the group.
- Dealing with legal issues relating to the group’s employment, working with HR.
- Data protection compliance.
- Group insurance requirements - working with brokers, claims handlers, insurers in relation to risk management of the group’s activities, and oversight of all claims.
- Health and Safety and environmental compliance
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE