Head of Housing, Essex, £50k+ plus bonus and benefits
This Top Tier Legal 500 law firm in Housing Law is now looking for a dynamic Head of Housing. Friendly, flexible and committed to legal aid work, the firm is an ideal stop for a solid legal aid lawyer who is keen to progress his/her career.
Running this busy department with a mix of legal aid and private client Housing work. You will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to attract new work.
- Assist Partners in tenders for new business where appropriate.
- Remain fully up to date with Legal Aid rules and contract requirements affecting Housing Law
- Maintain Legal Aid Supervisor Status
- Advising Clients on their legal rights, including remedies available and the methods available to fund their case.
- Supervision of any other fee earners employed in the department and also supervision and overseeing of consultant’s work
- Appropriate use of agents and consultants to cover hearings and work to maximise departmental income
Who are you?
You will have:
- Minimum of 5 years PQE
- Excellent experience in Housing ( Legal Aid work)
- Ability to supervise other members of staff
- Run your own caseload
- Ability to identify and develop new business.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE