Housing Paralegal/Solicitor, £18k - £30k DOE, Hayes, Middlesex
High Street practice with a strong Legal Aid Housing Department looking for a Housing Paralegals or Solicitor. This role will lead on to a training contract for the paralegal within 3-6 months.
- Attending clients, taking instructions and applications for legal aid. Advising/guiding clients in their legal matters
- Drafting/dealing with correspondences, negotiating with relevant authorities for clients
- Preparing cases and conducting individual research into specific aspects of the relevant areas of law and case management
- Drafting statements and indexes, preparation of court documents/bundles for hearings, Attending counsel in conference and at court
- Issuing proceedings in court, ensuring appropriate Legal Services Commission regulations are complied with,
- Dealing with my clients’ queries/requests by telephone, email and face to face.
- Attending Courts to issue applications/proceedings as required and providing administrative support necessary for progression of the case,
- Meeting lexcel standards in file management, Maintaining accurate time costing procedures/billing my files. Meeting chargeable hours targets monthly
- A strong academic background with a Law degree and LPC
- Legal experience as a Caseworker/Advisor in Housing work
- Demonstrate excellent client care skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills
- Have an excellent work ethic, showing drive and enthusiasm for the work
- Demonstrate well developed communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work well as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent IT skills with ability to process information using relevant software (databases, spreadsheet packages).
- Duties will include dealing with indoor and outdoor casework for the department, attending clients, taking instructions, preparation for clients cases, dealing with correspondence, negotiating with relevant authorities, liaising with clients, file and case management all under supervision.