HR Advisor, £35K, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Our client is a Chambers ranked, leading commercial law firm operating from 4 sites in Kent and London. They are currently looking to recruit a new generalist HR Advisor to be based at their impressive Tunbridge Wells office. Reporting to the Senior HR Officer and working closely with the HR team, this role will support the team in key HR processes as well as supporting the business in a generalist capacity.
This is a great opportunity for an HR Advisor from either a legal or professional services background who wants to build their HR experience with a growing and dynamic firm. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience working in an HR capacity, one year at advisor level. The role will require you to be based in Tunbridge wells, 4 days a week and 1 day in London.
- Supporting and advising partners and managers on day to day HR matters
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new joiners
- Assisting with sickness absence processes
- Assisting with departure processes
- Assisting with the annual salary review process
- Manage discipline, grievance and routine employee relation situations
- Ensuring that the operational processes are effective, efficient and accurate and constantly looking for improvements to processes where these will save cost or improve service to the business
What they are looking for
- This HR generalist role is ideal for anybody who wants to build their HR experience with a growing and dynamic firm.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience working in a HR capacity, preferably within a Legal or Professional Services environment, with one year’s experience at advisor level
- A good understanding of employment law, best practice and the interpretation of policy
- Ability to deliver work to commercial and financial targets/deadlines
- Accustomed to working in a team but taking responsibility for own work
What they can offer
- Competitive salary and 25 days annual leave
- Bonus scheme and pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Strong commitment to training their staff, regularly delivering internal training courses for staff at all levels
- Offer a supportive, encouraging working environment with an open-door policy
If you feel you would be a good fit and would like to learn more about this opportunity, then contact Alison Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 0208 464 2506 or 07979 952 201.