IT Database Administrator, up to £30,000 plus benefits, Bromley, SE London
Sought after Legal 500 law firm with 4 branches in the south east London area. The firm have a new IT Database Administrator to support the IT Manager in the firm’s HQ in Bromley.
- Support the maintenance of firm’s suite of development, test and live databases and applications.
- The role has exposure to all aspects of database and application administration – e.g. installation, upgrade, backup and recovery, performance and investigating problems.
- The successful candidate will have an interest in application development, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office environments and systems administration.
Who are you?
- Code and test programming for software
- Develop and deploy computer applications
- Execute code builds to development, test and production environments
- Fix bugs in existing code
- Collaborate with department to spec business requirement
- Maintain documentations per company standards
- Provide testing, documentation, training, and support for third-party software products.
- Resolve user-submitted problems and questions logged on the I.T. helpdesk.
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering
- Track record of successful database and application administration
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Excellent complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Solid troubleshooting and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Visio)
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
- Experience with coding languages (SQL, VBA, Python, Xaml and Java)
- Familiarity with HTML
- Team working
- Relevant IT qualification is desirable (
- One to three years of experience in application development
- Experience of developing case management systems (Partner for Windows desirable)
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE