Law Costs Draftsman Full or Part-time, £35-45K dep on exp, Whitechapel, London
Our client is a growing and vibrant multidisciplinary law firm who pride themselves on always going the extra mile to ensure their clients’ difficulties are overcome and their goals achieved. They are looking for a Law Costs Draftsman to join their billing department and are open to full or part-time hours.
You will have demonstrable experience in drafting Bill of Costs in Family, Care, Housing, Clinical Negligence, Immigration, Personal Injury matters, High Cost case plans and Inter-Partes bills. The successful applicant will be expected to regularly review and implement innovative ways to improve systems and procedures to ensure the department exceeds its KPI’s and maintains excellent standards.
What they are looking for
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Legal Aid Billing
- Ability to deputise for the Billing Manager and provide support with training and assistance to staff and fee earners
- Oversee the smooth running of the firm’s most challenging civil claims (including matters involving statutory charge and historic UPOA cases)
- Provide accurate reports for management and fee earners
- Liaise with fee earners to ensure files are in good order, responding to queries efficiently
- Liaise with Billing Manager and Managing Partner to ensure processes are fit for purpose and provide assistance when implementing new strategies
- You will be structurally organised, ambitious and dynamic
- You will be a strong communicator and commercially minded
- Ability to identify and develop new opportunities for the firm
What they can offer
- Competitive salary and 23 days annual leave
- Bonus scheme and pension contribution
- Flexible hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Strong commitment to training their staff, regularly delivering internal training courses for staff at all levels
- Offer a supportive, encouraging working environment with an open-door policy
If you feel you would be a good fit and would like to learn more about this opportunity, then contact Alison Banks at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 0208 464 2506 or 07979 952 201.