Legal & Compliance Counsel (12 months FTC) 5 years PQE+ - circa £60K + benefits - Sevenoaks
Our client is a leading insurer of risks involving title and related areas of property and property finance. They are a subsidiary of an American global provider of title insurance and settlement services for residential and commercial real estate transactions.
They have an outstanding opportunity for a Legal & Compliance Counsel to cover a 12 months maternity contract to join their Compliance & Legal team providing a full legal function to the group.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Head of Compliance, you will provide a professional legal and compliance service to senior management ensuring the Company complies with regulatory and legal requirements.
- You will prepare and negotiate a variety of complex and high value legal agreements and if necessary, instruct external counsel.
- Draft, amend and provide advice on legal agreements for the company and other companies in the group.
- Provide provide guidance as to whether to renew cover for law firms currently covered under the company’s professional indemnity product, and to deal with referrals for request for new professional indemnity cover.
- Proactively monitor and identify changes in the legal and regulatory environment and apply your expert knowledge in providing effective, commercially sound advice and support on these development to the Board and the business generally
You must be able to build strong internal and external relationships to carry out training and briefing sessions to develop knowledge and understanding of legal matters across the group.
What they are looking for
- Qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE of negotiating, drafting and enforcing commercial contracts and financial services regulation
- In-house experience is preferred, preferably gained within the insurance or financial services industry
- You must be able to practically apply your legal and regulatory knowledge and demonstrate sound judgement and commercial acumen
- Excellent working knowledge of compliance matters
- Ability to influence key decision holders
- Capable of producing high quality work in a flexible, fast-paced environment and have the tenacity to achieve tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, pragmatic and principles and possess a flexible approach to work
What they can offer
- Opportunity to gain excellent commercial experience within an expanding global company
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance helpline
- Self-invested pension plan
- Employee Healthcare benefit
- Performance related bonus
- Interest free season ticket loan
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Alison Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 0208 464 2506 or 07979 952 201.