Planning Solicitor, Hourly rate £31.50 - £40.00 per hour FTC 3 months, Winchester
An exciting in-house role, advising Hampshire Council, where you will be responsible for providing legal advice and representation to the County Council’s departments, committees, members and other client bodies, including external clients.
Focusing on planning and environment law matters, you will be managing a large caseload of sometimes complex matters for the council’s various departments and teams. Your role will include:
- You will be responsible for drafting documents to agreed departmental and professional standards, ensuring documents are enforceable and to protect the interests of the County Council and secure the best outcome. Reports/documents may include s106, s278 and s38 agreements.
- Undertake the drafting and negotiation of s106, s278 and s38 agreements to ensure the County Council’s interests are fully protected.
- Prepare cases and carry out effective representation of the County Council
- Advice on and drafting of planning and environment-related documentation pertaining to non-contentious matters
- Advice to County Council Members, Committees, Chief Officers and managers on planning and environment and other matters of corporate significance.
- Promote Hampshire Legal Services externally and internally to recover costs wherever practicable.
What they are looking for
- Good drafting skills
- Experience in highway and planning law
- Personable with the ability to offer genuine and effective professional advice on a range of issues
What they can offer
- A fixed 3-month contract with exposure to a range of legal matters
- Competitive hourly salary
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).