Probate Solicitor/Fee Earner
3 years + PQE
Up to £45k plus benefits and bonus
Our client is a leading local Essex based law firm with a formidable reputation. With 3 of their departments mentioned within Legal 500, the firm is well regarded within the community. They are now looking to add to the team with a strong new Probate fee earner.
Focusing on Probate matters, the role will encompass:
- Taking initial instructions from executors/administrators and advising on relevant procedures. Advising on terms of the Will/rules of intestacy.
- Considering any contentious issues which may arise and advising accordingly, including claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 or issues of capacity
- Establishing the values of the estates including arranging for valuations of property and shares.
- Applying for Grants of Probate/Letters of Administration, including drafting the appropriate forms of oath.
- Dealing with high net worth estates drafting IHT400 and accompanying schedules and complex estate accounts.
- Drafting Deeds of Variation
What you need to succeed?
- 3 years+ of Probate work
- Looking to join a family friendly and flexible local law firm
- Clear career progression within the department
- The firm will consider a part time/job share for this role.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE