Residential Conveyancing Legal Assistant, Ascot, Berkshire, £18k – £22k plus benefits*
Niche Property firm based in Ascot, Berkshire are now in the market for a dynamic Property Legal Assistant to assist the partner with her caseload of Property transactions. Friendly working environment with the added opportunity to progress your career with the financial support of the firm.
This is a “right hand” for the high-flying partner who need to have a competent assistant to be her back up. You will be dealing with clients from taking instructions to post completion and being involved in all aspect of the case. You will have first-hand knowledge of all matters to be able to update and clarify issues for clients with ability to think independently. You will be given the opportunity to study for your professional qualifications paid for by the firm as an incentive to progress to a qualified fee earner.
What they are looking for?
Paralegal or Legal Secretary who has a minimum of 1 year’s experience in Residential Conveyancing
- Providing quotes to clients, opening new files and sending out Terms of Business.
- Sending initial draft contract papers and relevant documents.
- Obtaining Office Copy Entries and knowledge of Land Registry.
- Instructing searches.
- Carrying out AML searches and Bankruptcy searches and Client due diligence under supervision
- Replies to enquiries raised, from both the client and through investigation.
- Preparing the Mortgage Report for clients and to the lender, if needed.
- Report on all Searches, including the Local Authority.
- Obtaining redemption statements, for information purposes and final.
- Pre exchange preparation – ensuring all appropriate documents have been received and signed.
- Post exchange preparation – sending appropriate letters and documents.
- Creating Invoices for legal work carried out and creating Completion Statements.
- Setting cases up for completion – completion letters, receiving and sending appropriate documents.
- Post completion work, such as Notices of Charge, submitting SDLT’s, sending Transfers/ Leases, paying Estate Agents Fees etc.
- Drafting and submitting AP1’s and dealing with any post completion queries.
- File closure process.
- Communicate and liaise effectively and efficiently with all colleagues, departments, external parties and clients both by telephone, face to face and email.
• Requesting CHAPS and BACS payments.
• General administration duties including, photocopying, scanning, faxing and filing.
• Assistance provided on projects where required.
• Setting up paper files and file labels.
• Retrieve faxes, match to files and pass to the relevant departmental area.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows, LEAP and Outlook.
What they can offer?
- Great working environment with a niche office environment
- Ability to gain experience from senior lawyer
- Ability to progress your career if you would like to.
- Salary and benefits
- Being part of a team
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE