Residential Conveyancing Legal Secretary, £24,000, Cheam, Surrey
Our client is a single office law firm, who are the result of a merger between two highly reputable law firms in the Surrey area. Together they have over 80 years’ experience acting for individuals, families, small firms and large organisations. Their Residential Conveyancing department is now looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to join the team in Cheam.
What is the role
The Residential Property department currently consists of 3 people and the successful candidate will be supporting one Fee Earner, so very much a 1:1 support role. The main bulk of the work will consist of Residential Conveyancing matters, but you will also need to assist, when necessary, in the Commercial Property department.
Main responsibilities for this role are:
- Audio/copy typing
- Proof reading, as the firm use digital dictation
- Undertaking administrative tasks
- Arranging appointments and speaking with clients, estate agents and other solicitors
- Inputting client’s confidential information into the case management system
- Completing Land Registry forms, etc
What you will need
- Legal Secretary experience in Residential Conveyancing matters is essential
- Legal Secretary experience in Commercial Property is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience using DPS is desirable but also not essential as training will be provided
- Able to prioritise work
- Has an eye for detail and be able to think outside the box
- Excellent computer/typing skills
What they offer
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Free car parking
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other legal secretary jobs in the market then contact Matthew Heard at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642565 or 07887523228.