£21k - £22k
Our client is seeking a dedicated Case Manager to handle a sizeable criminal defence caseload and deliver on the firm’s business plan.
The firm is taking on an increasing criminal defence caseload of clients who elect to privately-fund their legal representation and requires a Case Manager to deal exclusively with those clients, ensuring they receive a platinum service.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who seek to gain exposure to and experience in managing cases, regular client contact and improving their knowledge of litigation through trial preparation. The firm will value your ability to handle cases independently and prudently.
The role will require a plethora of crucial skills and traits, such as: confidence, communication, salesmanship, organisation, sound judgment, time management, individual initiative and financial competence. There will obviously be a required standard of criminal litigation knowledge, but above all you must be a true ‘people person’ and understand the objectives and needs of our clients from the outset.
Duties will include:
- Meeting with potential clients on a daily basis to explain our service, costs and expected timescales, in addition to giving tailored advice to their particular matter;
- Preparing matters for trial, including taking witness statements, gathering evidence, serving applications, instructing experts, briefing counsel and drafting skeleton arguments;
- Negotiating and agreeing fees for clients who are funding their legal representation privately;
- Ensuring that private clients are continuing to receive a platinum service and get updated regularly on case progression;
- Answering calls and responding to enquiries regarding privately-funded legal representation promptly;
- Assisting the firm in developing and maintaining good client relationships, including attending networking events on behalf of the firm and social events with clients;
- Regular case administration using the firm’s legal software; and,
- Proactive chasing of the courts, the prosecution and any other parties in order to obtain any necessary material in relation to a case.
Candidates should have a good academic record, sound commercial awareness and a strong interest in the law. Previous experience is preferred but not essential.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential discussion on 02084642511 (office hours) or 07974429861 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised. The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE