Trainee Assistant Commercial Underwriter - Graduate Opportunity - London
24,000 p/a plus exceptional training opportunity.
A graduate programme that shapes the future – starting with yours. Our global client is looking to recruit a confident graduate with who has a keen interest in the Insurance industry & can hit the ground running in their demanding Legal team.
The focus of this role is to manage a range of residential & commercial cases across the UK and Europe under the direction of a more Senior Underwriter.
This will involve:
- Assisting with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial and residential risks
Deal with legal and other technical matters received from the business as assigned
- Drafting documents
- Carrying out legal research.
- Review and summarise files gathering information on cases for referral to more senior underwriters.
- Ensure policy wording is correct and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and be able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients
- Input, update and maintain data so systems accurately reflect current position
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and maintain high levels of service in order to maximise business and conversion rate
What the firm says:
The Graduate Programme is our investment in our future leaders. It’s our way of securing the next generation of talent, producing new experts with the ability to handle the challenges of this changing world. And this is your opportunity to be a part of it.
What can they offer
- Lots of scope for promotion within the company.
- Further qualifications are sponsored.
- Gain a core set of business skills that will give you the best career grounding you could hope for
- This is an ideal opportunity to work for an international insurer in a varied role and to move your career to its limit.
What are they looking for?
- Excellent academics including a minimum 2:1 degree in any analytical discipline
- You will be an excellent team player and someone who can demonstrate a flexible, adaptable approach, rising to new challenges.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and will manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook are essential along with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3771 9647 for a confidential discussion.
Please be aware that due to the volume of applications that we receive if you have not heard from us within 48 hours your application has been unsuccessful.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.