Assistant Underwriter, €24,000 per annum, Malta
Our client is a leading insurer of risks involving title and related areas of property and property finance. They are a subsidiary of an American global provider of title insurance and settlement services for residential and commercial real estate transactions. Currently looking to recruit graduates without experience with exceptional academics
• Assist with the daily underwriting and processing of commercial risks for Europe
• Review and summarise files gathering information on cases for referral to a more senior underwriter
• Ensure policy wording is correct and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and be able to discuss this confidently with external and internal clients
• Deal with new enquiries and queries via telephone and in writing and adhere to service standards
• Input, update and maintain data so systems accurately reflect current position
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients and maintain high levels of service in order to maximise business and conversion rate
• Understand external/internal clients needs and work with team to meet these needs
• Undertake legal research, projects and other reasonable duties as assigned by line manager
• Travel to other locations in Europe as required
Who are you?
• Strong degree (minimum 2:1) in analytical disciplines
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
• Fluent verbal and written English language skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and delivery focus
• Proactively plans and organises work, clearly identifying priorities to meet objectives
• Outstanding customer services skills and the ability to build strong business relationships with internal and external customers
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Can express facts/ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Competent in using Microsoft office suite
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Georgina Mott at Georgina@lrlegal.co.uk or call for a confidential discussion on 0208 004 9213 (office hours) or 07738266443 (out of office hours).
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.