SENIOR BUYER – CHESTER Our NHS client has instructed us to support them in their search for a Senior Buyer to join their growing Procurement team based in Chester. My client has almost 4,000 staff members and provides a range of medical services to more than 445,000 patients per year from areas covering Western Cheshire,...
SENIOR BUYER – CHESTER
Our NHS client has instructed us to support them in their search for a Senior Buyer to join their growing Procurement team based in Chester.
My client has almost 4,000 staff members and provides a range of medical services to more than 445,000 patients per year from areas covering Western Cheshire, Ellesmere Port, Neston and North Wales.
My client has an excellent reputation for delivering high quality patient care and is nationally accredited at the highest levels in many areas, in particular those relating to clinical outcomes and patient safety. They continue to provide a comprehensive, high quality, and accessible range of emergency and elective services to all their patients.
Role: Senior Buyer
Location: Chester - Home working currently in line with Government guidance, however would need to be able to work on site when required
Job type: Contract
Contract duration: 4 months (potentially longer)
Contributing towards the delivery of the Trusts Procurement Cost Reduction Strategy through delivery of allocated procurement projects and carrying out tendering processes at EU level.
Obtaining the maximum benefits from Trust expenditure on goods and services, seeking best value, reliability, responsiveness and innovation from the suppliers.
To release additional cost savings, add value and ensure probity through the contracting process and ongoing performance monitoring of contracts and suppliers.
· Responsible for the proactive management of trust procurement projects and initiative delivery. The senior buyer is responsible for assisting the training and development of any junior procurement member of staff.
· Accountable to the Procurement Contracts Manager, supporting all aspects of the Trusts Procurement Cost reduction and cash releasing savings strategy.
· The list below is to outline the main duties involved; however this is subject to change and will vary within the given role. We ask all employees to be flexible in their role, to always ensure we are delivering Safe, Kind and Effective care.
· To manage complex and varied projects to support and contribute towards the department’s annual work-plan in line with the Trusts Standing Financial Instructions, Standing Orders and relevant legislation.
· Ensuring all projects are completed in a timely, effective manner.
· To engage customers at all levels within both the internal organisation and external client organisations.
· To set expectations, key performance indicators and financial targets with customers to the service.
· Provide professional advice and support to Trust clinicians and managers and all involved in commercial activity ensuring that there is a full appreciation of the complex stages involved and the legal requirements by which the Trust must abide
· Discuss detailed and complex contractual issues with both NHS staff and prospective suppliers to ensure that contractual terms and obligations are fully understood and that both financial and supply risks are minimised
· The role requires experience in public sector procurement and application of the Public Contract Regulations 2015.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Lucy Osborne at email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion on 07490482185
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our clients.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
Senior PA/Commercial Property Assistant -Mayfair, London £40-45k plus benefits Highly prestigious, privately...
Residential Property Paralegal/ Trainee Paralegal, Dartford, £20k-£21k doe The Role The...
Civil Litigation Solicitor 1-2 years PQE, circa £40K, Chelmsford, Essex with remote working and parking Our...
Residential Property Solicitor/Legal Executive/Conveyancer 2 - 5 years PQE. £35,000 - £55,000 ...
Family Paralegal – Stratford/ Waterloo - £18,000-£20,000 The role An opportunity has arisen...
Residential Property Paralegal – circa £26K – Sevenoaks, Kent Do you want to work with a...
Residential Conveyancing Locum Lawyer, Woking 2 month contract Our client is a law firm with five offices...
2x Childcare Solicitors 2-3 yrs PQE+ £40-50K dep on experience, Kent (remote working) An award-winning...